Tuesday, April 28, 2015
Been 2 months since the 1520 got the Lumia Denim update and still nothing for us 520, 820. 920. 925 users at AT&T. All Verizon phones and Rogers phones are running Denim. Seriously AT&T, when you say soon, mean soon. Don't just keep saying "soon".
Wednesday, April 15, 2015
Thursday, February 26, 2015
Starting today, people with AT&T Lumia 1520 phones should run a phone update. Denim is officially out from AT&T. The update makes numerous changes to the behavior of the camera, including a faster shutter and 4K video capture, and also adds Live Folders and an updated Glance screen. According to Microsoft, Lumia 1520 owners need to have 1GB of free internal storage in order to install the update.
Friday, February 20, 2015
Finally some more word on the Denim update. AT&T tweeted that the Denim update is coming soon to the Nokia Lumia 1520. Hopefully this means 820, 920, 925, and 1020 users will get it soon as well. Now "Soon" is a word that can mean anything from tomorrow to a few more weeks, but time will tell. Verizon phones have had the Denim update for a while for its Lumia devices and its a shame that AT&T, usually first with Lumia updates like Cyan doesn't have it yet.
Friday, December 19, 2014
Rejoice Windows 8.1 users. Denim has begun rolling out today. Users can expect it between now and early 2015 depending on carrier, phone, and country. Some features include
Windows Phone 8.1 Update 1
- Cortana – The most personal digital assistant on the market will now be available in the UK and China as a Beta. India, Canada and Australia will have access to Cortana as a public Alpha. For US residents, Cortana now includes an improved natural language, car kit integration via Bluetooth for contacts, snooze reminders and calendar improvements.
- Live folders – If you prefer to keep your apps or games organised, you can now put them into folders. Simply press, hold and drag an app over another to create a new folder on the Start screen. Each folder can be renamed by tapping on the text field above the open folder.
- Apps Corner – Create a customised Start screen, where only specific apps or games are accessible. This could be particularly useful in the workplace if you’re issuing Windows Phones to employees.
- SMS merge and forwarding – Select individual text messages to either delete them out of a messaging thread, or to copy and past them into a new message in order to forward them.
- Snooze Times – It’s now possible to customise the snooze time within the Alarm app.
- Consumer VPN – Maintain privacy and security when using data while connected to public Wi-Fi hotspots or even with your home Wi-Fi.
- Mobile Web Site improvements in IE – Connect and browse even faster with improved downloading speeds on mobile websites.
- Store Live Tile (US only) – The Store Live Tile displays featured apps and games that are the most popular in the Store, or most relevant for you.
Unique Lumia experiences
The Lumia Denim Update provides features that are exclusive to Lumia. We always strive to bring new features to everyone, but some of which are hardware dependent and are only announced for the Lumia 930, Lumia Icon, Lumia 1520 and Lumia 830, such as the Lumia Camera.
- Lumia Camera – Replacing Nokia Camera, Lumia Camera is faster and more intuitive than before to make the best camera experience, even better.
- Speed – Pocket to capture speeds are superfast, and it only takes milliseconds going from shot to shot.
- Moment Capture – A long press of the camera button starts 4K-quality* video recording at 24 FPS. With each frame at 8.3 megapixels, you can save individual frames as high quality still images.
- Rich Capture – Auto HDR and Dynamic Flash are now welcomed into the already-impressive feature set. Shoot first and adjust the camera settings later for that perfect photo.
- Improved image processing algorithms – Updated to give you clearer photos, even in lowlight.
- “Hey Cortana” Voice Activation** – Gone are the days of pressing the microphone button to wake-up Cortana. Simply say “Hey Cortana” while the phone is idle and Cortana will activate. This is possible thanks to the SensorCoretechnology.
- Glance Screen – Compatible Lumia devices can now show more at a glance with Bing Weather, or Bing Health & Fitness data, in addition to time and date, notifications and application data.
Tuesday, October 14, 2014
Reset your phone.
Important: Resetting your phone erases all personal content, including apps, and restores the factory settings.
1. Make sure your phone has enough battery power, charge your phone for at least 20 minutes.
2. Switch off your phone, and disconnect the charger.
3. Press and hold the volume down key, and connect the charger. An exclamation mark (!) is shown on the screen.
4. Press the keys in the following order: volume up, volume down,power, and volume down.
5. Wait for your phone to reset, during the reset there will be gears rotating on the screen for up to 5 minutes, after which the screen goes blank for ~30 seconds and then your phone will restart.
6. Go through the initial phone setup, if the date and time are shown, ensure the values are correct.
7. Disconnect the charger.
This can save people a lot of headache instead of buying a new device. Hope you don't have to use this but Microsoft thought up of it any how.
Thursday, September 4, 2014
USA AT&T users rejoice. Today, September 4, 2014 is the day Nokia/AT&T have pushed the Windows 8.1 Lumia Cyan update to the Lumia 920. Some of the big updates include
- Cortana virtual assistant
- Word Flow Keyboard
- Improved Live Tiles
- Background Picture behind tiles
- Action Center for quick settings/notifications
- Internet Explorer 11
- And much more