Sony Ericsson has announced the IDP-100, a digital photo frame. It is compatible with Memory Stick Duo, M2, SD, Micro SD, USB, and Bluetooth. It will be out for the holidays.
Showcase snaps stylishly with Sony Ericsson’s first digital photo frame09 September 2008
Photos are taken to capture special moments. Today Sony Ericsson is proud to unveil the IDP-100 Digital Photo Frame, a convenient, stylish and easy way to store and share these important images with friends and family.
London, UK – September 9, 2008 - For too long mobile phone images have been confined to the phone - hidden away and viewed only occasionally and only on a small screen. Now it’s time to unleash these photos and display them with pride with the help of the superb Sony Ericsson IDP-100 Digital Photo Frame, the ideal accessory to your Sony Ericsson Cyber-Shot™ phone.
Thanks to the easy transfer of photos from not only your Cyber-Shot™ but also regular cameras, budding photographers can display their best shots in all their glory. Transfer your favourite images in a variety of ways, via Bluetooth™, USB flash memory, M2 card, micro SD, SD or MS Duo, to ensure that nothing is left unseen. With a sleek dark grey finish, which adds style to any surrounding, this stylish 7” photo frame will let you display photos in either landscape or portrait format and can be mounted on a wall or sat on a bedside table or office desk.
“Memories are priceless and irreplaceable” said Jacob Sten, Head of the accessories division at Sony Ericsson. “The IDP-100 Digital Photo Frame is the perfect companion to your Cyber-shot™ phone and lets you display your favourite moments easily and in high quality for all to see. However, it’s not just mobile phone users that can benefit from the IDP-100. We are proud that the frame receives, stores and displays up to 500 still images through a variety of options. Once uploaded they are automatically rotated, enhanced and re-sized to fit the frame - so that you can enjoy your memories instantly.”
The IDP-100 sits perfectly with the C905 Cyber-shot™ phone. The first phone to offer an 8.1 megapixel camera now has the ideal accessory that will help you show off your high quality images in all their glory. The photos can be displayed and managed with the touch sensitive control menu in the frame, just view the slideshow options and pick your personal preference. In addition, the Digital Image Correction™ (DIC)™, included with the IDP-100 will ensure the photos are displayed to perfection as it automatically adjusts your images – this includes colour correction, tone enhancement and even edge enhancement.
Get snap happy
- 7” WVGA screen – the way they were meant to be seen
- Auto-rotation – no need to format your pictures the frame does it for you!
- Screen quality – brilliant and vivid colours
- Inbuilt Bluetooth™ – Bluetooth™ your images effortlessly
- M2 Memory Stick™ and USB compatible – versatile ways to download your images
- Store up to 500 images on the internal memory
- Active touch control on the frame– remotes are things of the past
- World clock – three time zones so you can set which time of the day it turns on or off
Don’t keep your Cyber-Shot™ images under wraps. Share them with friends and family through the IDP-100 – sleek, stylish, easy and high quality.
The IDP-100 is compatible with all phones featuring M2 card, micro SD, SD and MS Duo, USB interface or Bluetooth™. It will be available in selected markets in Q4 in dark grey.
Sony Ericsson IDP-100 At a glance
- Size: 7” LCD screen
- Aspect ratio: 4:3 or 16:9
- Viewing angle: 140º (H)/140º (V)
- Lifetime: to 50 per cent brightness: 10,000hr
- Brightness: 200cd/m2
- Panel resolution: 800 x 480 (WVGA)
- Contrast ratio: 400:1
- Connectivity: USB 2.0
- Built in memory capacity: 128MB
- Weight: 320g for media product without stand
- Dimensions: W205XH145XD25
- RTL: Week 44, 2008
- Compatibility: All phones featuring M2 card, micro SD and MS Duo, SD, USB interface or Bluetooth™